TSL and ZooLab Sustainability Challenge 2022 Winners Announced
The votes have been counted and the winners selected!🏆🎉
Thanks and well done to all this year’s entrants! Your videos highlight that sustainability is a global concern, with different local challenges, impacts and solutions!
We are pleased to announce that you have chosen Andrea Visvanathan, a primary school student from the Seychelles, as the overall and top primary competition winner. Her video is ‘My Sustainability Challenge’, International School of Seychelles, Seychelles.
Our winners and runners-up for each of the other categories have also been decided. Congratulations to the following entrants!
- Primary 2nd Prize winner – ‘My Local Sustainability Challenge’ – Eco Beasts, St. Andrews International School, Thailand
- Primary 3rd Prize winner – ‘Invasive Species’ – Vedant Menon, St Ambrose R.C Primary School, UK
- Secondary 1st Prize winner – ‘It’s time to breathe easier’ – Koca Djeric, Vuk Karadzic, Serbia
- Secondary 2nd Prize winner – ‘Vegetable Garden of Hope’ – Colegio Didascalio Nuestra Señora de la Esperanza, Colombia
- Secondary 3rd Prize winner – ‘What do we do with expired medicines?’ – Ieun Kim, Korean International School, Bangkok
The overall competition winner will receive the Challenge Trophy and a cash prize of £500 or equivalent. The other category winners will also receive a special e-medal and gift.
This year’s winning videos will be sent to the UN Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth, Ms. Jayathma Wickramanayake, to showcase youth voices on important local and global sustainability issues.
We want to thank all the entrants, teachers and voters for helping to make this year’s challenge a success!
As TSL Executive Director Karl Hansen says, “Who better to speak for future generations than today’s children?”